Where do I file for divorce?

This question deals with the concept of jurisdiction. While jurisdiction sounds like a complicated issue, it is easily solved.  A good rule of thumb is that you file for divorce in the county that you have been living in for more than 91 days. Generally, if you have children, in order for the Court to make orders about the children, the children will need to have lived in the State of Colorado for a little over 6 months. If your living in El Paso County, you would file your divorce case with the 4th Judicial District.